Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Game 2: Gettin' the Lead Out

I think this may have been the best game that we have ever played. Pitching, defense, and hitting were all executed quite well.

Both of the pitchers (Matt and Andrew) did a fantastic a job throwing strikes and forcing the opposing team to put the ball in play. When the ball was put in play, the defense did its job, almost to perfection. As far as the offense was concerned, we just kept putting the ball in play, and when we were on base we were aggressive and smart (not going for too much when we didn't have to). Josh got back on track with his customary trip around the bases on a smash to the fence in right center, but most of our hits were just clean singles or doubles. It was just a fun game all around.

Once again, we had a good turnout. I would like to especially thank all of the wives who made the extra effort to bring the kiddos out to the park for the game even though it was a later start time. I can't speak for the other guys, but I know I enjoy having my family joining in the fun.

No comments: